Developer & Publisher: Augmented Irreality
Launch Date: October 20th, 2020
YouTube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1rfAjnS9GM
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A retro mix of a shoot ’em up gameplay and RPG elements, DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge is inspired by Tyrian, Raiden, Donpachi and other classic games. Fast-paced with a primary focus on gunplay rather than bullet hell, DreadStar gives you incremental ways of not only pushing through content, but also improving your ship and its loadout (such as experience, leveling and skill points). If you’re struggling with a sector, you can warp over to Redbeard’s Burrow to spend credits, upgrade your ship and return to where you failed. From Gauss Cannons to Lazer Beams, Hadron Exploders to weapon cooling – ship improvements are key to not only choosing your playstyle but progressing through harder difficulties.
- Fast shoot ’em up gameplay with epic boss fights.
- 4 different ships and 10 different weapons to annihilate your opponents.
- Tons of other customization options from armors and engines to shields and special items.
- Gain experience and skill points to incrementally improve your ship’s strength.
- 6 replayable sectors filled with unique enemies, bosses and minibosses.
- 3 difficulty settings for every sector, to improve both your skill and your ship.
- Hand-crafted pixel art graphics, cutscenes and animations.
- Chiptune soundtrack by Yerzmyey, created on Amiga, Atari-ST and ZX Spectrum computers.
- A 4:3 display and CRT mode for an authentic retro experience.
- Original soundtrack by award winning composer and sound designer Jake Kaufman.