Dominic Tarason has been a cook, cab driver, and a builder. His love of video games led him into a decade-long career in games journalism Including bylines at PC Gamer and PCGamesN that eventually landed him at the prestigious online outlet Rock, Paper, Shotgun with bylines at sites such as PC Gamer and PCGamesN.
At Vicarious PR, Dominic exclusively handles the promotion of smaller independent games and studios, but that isn’t all he does at V. Our growth into publishing indie games has Dominic sending out press releases and pitches instead of just getting them in his inbox. Using his knowledge and contacts, he reaches out to across games journalism to promote games from small up-and-coming studios directly.
Many turns were taken before Dominic arrived at Vicarious PR. We are excited to work with him on our ever-increasing number of projects. Currently, he has his hands full working on some amazing indie titles.
Top 10 Favorite Games:
- X-COM: UFO Defense
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Redlynx Trials (Series)
- Freespace 2
- Dark Souls
- Copy Kitty
- Path of Exile
Dominic is actively playing:
- Jet Lancer – released just yesterday, but I got to play an early press demo of it last year. Extremely anime jetfighter shooter
- NITE Team 4 – Realistic hacking/infosec sim with a glossy Hollywood exterior.
- Operation Warcade VR – Virtual Reality remake/tribute to the original 80s Operation Wolf Lobotomy Corporation – SCP Foundation-inspired horror management sim
- Total Chaos – First-person survival horror made using a (heavily modified) original Doom engine
- Monolith – Very low-fi roguelike shooter/bullet hell shmup
- One Step From Eden – Deck-building action RPG inspired by the old Mega Man Battle Network games
- Phantasy Star Online 2 – The fan-translated Japanese version.
- Doom – The 90s original, always on my PC for 25+ years, and still growing daily through mods
- Tabletop Simulator – Not going to let a little quarantine keep me and my board game group from our weekly sessions